Hospitality Position – Caretaker (Live In)
(Seasonal – Apr 15 to Oct 15th)
Do you enjoy people? We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. This position is suited for someone who likes people, is a jack of all trades, and wants the small-town lifestyle. We have a small team who works collaboratively therefore this position may be customized to fit the right person.
- ABOUT THE POSITION
We are a small boutique lake front resort located in the Okanogan. The caretaker is a live-in position and reports to the General Manager. The accommodation is small and suited to one person or a couple. The position includes furnished accommodation, cable, internet & utilities. This is a seasonal position with some flexibility in dates.
- GENERAL DUITES
The primary functions of the Caretaker include:
- General maintenance of the property included repairs to inside and outside of the units.
- Exterior cleaning of grounds, patios, and surrounding beach. This includes cleaning BBQ’s & Patio furniture, parkade, securing beach chairs & toys daily during high season.
- Assisting guests after hours including late check in.
- Providing security and overnight emergency assistance.
- Managing maintenance projects and obtaining quotes if required.
- Other duties assigned by the General Manager.
The secondary duties include:
- Providing relief to the General Manager on their days off and vacation.
- Housekeeping and Laundry Services as needed.
- Covering office and front desk.
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to communicate effectively and interact with clients,
employees, vendors, and professionals
- Strong employee and guest relation skills
- Independent decision making in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have the physical ability to perform all maintenance duties: drywall repairs,
painting, cleaning, and general maintenance.
- Must be in good health; able to smile and always be pleasant.
- HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT:
On call 24 hours a day to resolve problems or emergencies; except during scheduled time off.
The hours of work vary depending on the season.You will be required to work weekends during High Season.
- High Season – July and Aug: Our resort is at full capacity and the caretaker will be working full-time during the day and on call during evenings and overnight. The focus is on guest satisfaction.
- Shoulder Season – Apr, May, June to Oct: Our resort is busy and will require full-time hours, but these will be flexible. The main duties during this time is maintenance.
- COMPENSATION – Salary & Bonus
Negotiated based on agreed duties, responsibilities, and hours.